When one begins to consider the buying or selling of a home in the Raleigh, NC area of North Carolina, one of the first decisions that you will have to make is whether or not to utilize the services of a REALTOR®. Some people decide to try to sell their home without representation or FSBO (For Sale by Owner) or they decide to use a limited service licensed broker.
Everyone who is a member of the National Association of Realtors® makes a commitment to the Public to provide honest and ethical treatment to all parties involved in the home buying and selling process. Realtors® are held accountable for their ethical behavior.
Here are a few of the basic principles of the National Association of Realtors:
– Protect and promote your clients’ interests, but be honest with all parties.
– Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts. Do not reveal facts that are confidential or under the scope of your agency relationship.
– Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties.
– Avoid side deals without your client’s informed consent.
– Accept compensation from only one party, except with full disclosure and informed consent.
Another reason for Raleigh home sellers to hire a Realtor® is that the price that a seller obtains for his home when listed by a REALTOR® is usually 16% higher than those who don’t.
The purchase or sale of a Raleigh, NC home involves one of the largest investment decisions that a person will ever make. Using the service of a REALTOR® will enhance the Raleigh home buying or selling experience – give the Marti Hampton team a call and we’ll be glad to explain more.
For more information click the follow the following: Why use a REALTOR