You may not realize that going “Green” can actually save you money. Sure some environmentally friendly approaches in regards to real estate can cost more than items that use more resources. However, actions that can be taken to reduce one’s carbon footprint can also reduce a Raleigh homeowner’s expenses.
Yes, going “Green” can save money, especially on utilities. It allows the Raleigh home owner to use and consume less. You should consider repairing, reusing, and recycling where and whenever possible.
Going “Green” can also improve the health and well-being of the home owner, while it protects the planet for the future of our children and grandchildren.
We suggest that you evaluate all products and services that you use and select those that protect the environment and human health, and pay particular attention to how things are packaged.
What are some of the items that we can do that are considered green than can also save money for the Raleigh home owner? The following reduce your carbon footprint and can save you money:
- Turn down the thermostat on warm winter nights and up during hot summer days.
- Turn off the lights and unplug appliances when not in use.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Run only a full dishwasher and laundry loads.
- Replace incandescent lght bulbs with more energy efficient fluorescent equals.
- Replace older appliances with new energy efficient Energy Star Models.
- Use a carpet sweeper instead of the vacuum for small cleaning jobs.
- Insulate windows, door, attics and crawlspaces.
- Replace non-renewable resources with renewable ones.
- Replace air filters on a schedule and maintain air conditioning and heating units.
Looking for more suggestions? Contact the Marti Hampton team and watch future blogs.