What is the magic formula for selling as quickly and for as much as possible? It’s as simple as spending a little time and money that will make a huge difference in selling your home quickly, for the best price and the shortest possible time.
Here’s how to do it:
- Realize that potential buyers only see what this house is, not what it could be.
- Pressure wash the exterior of your house and make sure the front door is painted and clean. A fresh pop of color here can add money to your house.
- Return investment on new paint is nearly always 100%. Painting the interior of your house with a fresh color is always a good idea.
- Like new paint, new carpeting is one of the smartest upgrades you can make to your home. Go with a neutral color here.
- Clear out the clutter! Take all personal photos, memorabilia, awards, etc. off your shelves and pre-pack them. You are moving anyway, so this is an easy way to get started.
- Buyers love to see updated kitchens and baths. Simple updates can be new faucet fixtures, new hardware and new grout in tile.
- Clear kitchen counters of all appliances and knick knacks, and replace with 1 or 2 simple kitchen accessory items for showings.
- Purchase fresh coordinating towels and accessories for the bathrooms.