When you put your home on the market, you want to sell your house fast. That’s easy if you’re in an area of the country where sales are hot: Last year in Northern California, for example, more than 75% of homes sold in under two months.
But for the rest of the country, it comes down to planning a great strategy. Fortunately, there are two steps you can take to power up an irresistible buzz that will help your home find a buyer fast:
1. Harness the power of the “pre-sell.” Generate interest in your home before it’s even on the market with one of the hottest new trends in real estate, Coming Soon Homes. You can give potential buyers “insider’s information” to give them a heads up your house will be available soon. That means savvy buyers can earmark your home to pounce on the minute it goes on the market. It’s a win-win: Buyers get a sneak peek at homes no one else sees—and you can end up fielding multiple offers.
2. Make your home simply irresistible. While your buyers are discovering you, power up your selling strategy to give your home undeniable appeal:
- Create a knock-out first impression. When you look at your home, you see memories and history—but you need to step back and take a critical look at it. It’s crucial that your landscaping, paint, and entire exterior is in stellar shape, from street to shingles. A quick investment in some flowers and low-cost shrubbery can be the difference between bringing a buyer in—or encouraging them to go to the next house.
- Make it look amazing inside. Once you’ve got them in the door, it’s time to show potential buyers how your house can sparkle. Get rid of clutter, make cosmetic repairs, and really give it a deep cleaning. The great thing about pre-selling with a method like Coming Soon Homes is that while you’re busy making your house look its best, there are buyers who are already discovering it online and getting psyched to check it out!
- Set the stage. Buyers want to picture themselves living in your home, so now is the time to put any zany decorations into storage and even take down family photos. Position furniture in a traditional layout, and turn the dining room you’ve been using as a home gym back into a place buyers can picture Thanksgiving dinner.
When the countdown is over and your pre-sell period is over, your home will be officially “for sale.” Your one-two punch – pre-listing and putting your home’s best face forward – may be just what you need to get that SOLD sign up in record time.
Ready to sell your home FAST? Check out Coming Soon Homes and give us a shout to see how we can help you make your goals happen!