There are 12 reasons why you can sell quickly and for top dollar if you put your home on the market during the holiday season.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, here are the top 12 reasons the holidays are a great time to attract the perfect homebuyer:
12. Homes look great when they’re decorated for the holidays.
11. People are more sentimental around the holidays, and they start thinking about how important home is to them and their family.
10. If you sell during the holidays, you can close early in 2019.
9. If you sell now, you’ll be a stronger, non-contingent buyer once the spring market hits.
8. Holiday homebuyers are usually very serious and aren’t likely to waste your time.
7. Buyers have more time to look at homes because they have more time off from work.
6. Some buyers have to buy before the end of the year due to tax reasons.
5. January is a natural start date for new employees transferring to the Triangle area, so if your home’s not on the market right now, these people won’t have a chance to look at it.
4. Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from, which means you’ll face less competition and have a better chance of selling for a higher price.
3. You don’t need to stick a sign in your yard, put a lockbox on your door, or schedule any showings in order for us to showcase your home as a “coming soon” listing on our website www.comingsoonhomes.com. This way, you’ll be in front of both in-town buyers and those moving here from other areas.
2. Buyers shop online for homes just like they do with everything else, which brings us to our final point…
1. The week of December 26 through January 1 is the busiest time of year in terms of online home shopping. Will your home be available to take advantage of this opportunity?
We’d love to help you achieve all of your real estate goals, so if you’d like to sell your home quickly and for top dollar this holiday season, don’t hesitate to give me a call.
As always, if you have any other real estate questions or you’re thinking of buying a home soon, feel free to reach out to me as well. I’d love to help you.