Recently, I was very excited and humbled to achieve the #1 ranking on the RE/MAX Top 100 Team Leaders list. And, while this was very gratifying for me personally, I also recognize that this wouldn’t have been possible without two things:
- The support and expertise of the entire Team Marti at RE/MAX One.
- The amazing clients that come to us every day for help in the buying and selling processes.
Whenever something like this happens, you can either sit back and bask in the proverbial glory. Or, you can take time to reflect about how this milestone was achieved and what it means not just for yourself—but for those you serve going forward. For me, I’ve chosen the latter. Here are some things I’ve been thinking about and I want to share them with you:
- As I mentioned, having the support of an amazing team was a driving factor behind reaching the #1 spot. When others in the real estate industry were giving up or waiting things out when the market was at its lowest, our team kept pushing forward—looking for new and innovative ways to serve our clients. And we did it even when it seemed like the race was all uphill. Our focus on helping clients navigate market challenges never wavered. And it never will. We want every buyer and every seller to realize that they should expect and demand excellence from real estate professionals. Our goal—our mission—is to change the real estate industry in ways that create a consistently amazing experience for home buyers and sellers.
- Buyers and sellers come to Team Marti at RE/MAX One because they know they’re going to get the best service available. Not only is that what they expect—it’s what they deserve. And that’s something to keep in mind if you’re in the process of choosing a real estate professional to work with. Choose that person as carefully as you would your doctor or lawyer. (Yes—it’s that important!) Ask for proof of their experience and get the details about their track record. Don’t just take their word for it. And—keep in mind—just because you like someone or just because he or she is a friend doesn’t mean they’re the best real estate professional for you. Don’t let emotions drive such a crucial decision.
- I’m often asked if this is a good time to buy or sell a home. The simple answer is “YES”! The market isn’t all the way back—but it’s on its way. Home sales are poised to rise this year and interest rates are at a 30-year low. So, this is the best time in quite a while to buy or sell. Just be smart about the real estate professional you choose to work with—making sure that he or she has the experience and expertise to guide you in the right direction.
It’s very exciting to be at the top of an industry that’s changing so rapidly. Sometimes it seems like it’s transforming on a daily basis! And reaching the #1 spot is certainly gratifying. But, what it really means to me is that my team and I are serving our clients well. Every day. We’re making a positive difference in people’s lives. And that—more than anything else—is what being #1 means to me.